Whom do you suggest Halotherapy (Salt Therapy) ?
Halotherapy is suitable for everyone to have a refreshing experience and boost their body and soul. Although we do recommend halotherapy for persons afflicted with following ailments:
- Frequent viral infections, coughs and colds
- Chronic ENT (ear-nose-throat) illnesses
- Frequent ear infections
- Problems with skin caused by allergies
- Allergic colds
- Eczema and dermatitis
- Joint aches and arthritis
- Coughing caused by smoking
- Stress, nervous instability, anxiety
In which cases the salt natural treatment would not be recommended ?
This natural treatment is not recommended for patients suffering from any of the symptoms below:
- Acute stage of respiratory attack
- Stage 3 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Intoxication due to alcohol or non-prescription drugs
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Haemoptysis (spitting up blood)
- Stage 11B Hypertension
How much salt natural treatment do I need ?
It is advisable to take Halotherapy procedures for health purposes 1 to 3 times a year, 10 to 20 sessions of 45 minutes each.
What does the air in the spa contain and what are the benefits ?
- Iron: Prevents anaemia, eliminates drowsiness and increases resistance to infections
- Calcium: Prevents osteoporosis
- Magnesium: Protects against metabolic disorders
- Manganese: Reduces toxic elements of many of the compounds encountered in our daily lives
- Zinc: Prevents prostate problems
- Selenium: Sweeps away free radicals, prevents tumours, and delays aging
- Lithium: Prevents sclerosis and heart diseases, and reduces diabetes
- Iodine: Prevents thyroid disease
The natural purity of the salt spa air is enhanced by the specific environment in the salt chamber. Our salt room is covered by tons of natural Himalayan and Rock salt. A relatively high temperature of 19C – 21C and humidity of 45% – 55% all contribute to creating a unique, sterile and non-allergic environment in which the salt coverings are able to emit negative ions and the healing minerals. The negative ions are responsible for eliminating allergens from the air, lifting your mood, alleviating depression and SAD (seasonal affective disorder), or winter depression.
How frequent should the sessions be ?
It is recommended to have one session per day. However, fewer sessions still provide benefit. For recreational and stress reduction purposes sessions can be taken as many times as desired. Enjoying procedures of Halotherapy for relaxation twice a week strengthens immunity against colds, coughs, sinusitis and allergies.
Can application of a salt aerosol cause complications ?
The Halotherapy method uses extremely small doses of sodium chloride. During a 45 minute session, a person receives no more than 45mg of sodium chloride. The daily consumption of common salt with food is 5g-6g (5g = 5,000mg), often more. Therefore, the method is completely harmless in cases when a person must limit salt consumption (hypertension, kidney trouble, etc.).
What is Halotherapy?
Halotherapy, also called salt therapy [“halos” in Greek means salt], is a drug-free and completely natural therapy with no side effects. It takes place in a controlled air environment that simulates the special microclimate of natural salt caves and salt mines. It is not only the purity of the air in the salt caves that have such healing effects, but also its resonant vibration, that activate our self-healing and self-regulating powers. When our body is sick and lacking its natural frequency, salt can bring us back to our original, balanced state. Deep in the heart of the Earth, surrounded by millions of tons of salt, patients can encounter the influence of the enormous power of salt’s balancing frequency, thereby replenishing the energy deficit of the body.
How does Halotherapy work?
Throughout the session, salt aerosol is constantly scattered into the air for the patients to inhale. The salt aerosol consists of tiny and dry salt particles, in sizes between 1-5mkm, which are ground in a special salt generator. The aerosolized micro particles of salt can penetrate deep into the lungs and bronchi and deposit upon the surface, destroying bacteria and fungi. The anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties of dry sodium chloride aerosol has been shown to be beneficial for upper and lower respiratory problems, infections, and conditions of the skin such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
Does Halotherapy have side effects?
Some patients experience itchy skin in the salt room. Some patients feel a tickling in the throat. Owing to the Halotherapy induced drainage of accumulated mucus, many patients experience an increase in coughing after several days of treatment, and some have dyspnea. The viscosity of their mucus samples increases, as does the number of pathogenic micro-organisms in them. These side effects subside as the lungs are cleared of mucus. So it is important to make a distinction between such therapeutically essential side effects and other side effects.
What are the general terms when you visit Saltwonder?
The following rules have been created for your safety and to allow all participants to take full advantage of a peaceful and relaxing therapeutic time during our revolutionary Halotherapy sessions. We request you to follow the rules in the Salt Cave for your comfort, wellbeing, and safety:
- Arrive for your appointment ten minutes before the scheduled time.
- In order not to disturb people enjoying their natural therapy, nobody is allowed to enter the Salt Cave while in session.
- We ask you not to leave the Salt Cave during the session except in case of an emergency.
- Do not use any perfumes, creams, lotions or any other substances that may produce a fragrance as they may have an allergic effect on others.
- Do not bring bags, purses, jewellery, or outdoor wear into the Salt Cave.
- Shoe covers will be provided and must be worn in the Salt Cave at all times.
- For hygiene, please wash your hands before each session.
- Use the rest room before the session starts.
- Please, do not touch decorations or walls.
- Do not throw salt, as it may the irritate eyes.
- Maintain silence during session in the Salt Cave, as many people like to meditate or sleep.
- No consumption of food or drinks is allowed in the Salt Cave.
- Presence of a parent/guardian for children under 10 years of age is required for the duration of a session. Parents/guardians can enjoy the sessions for a discounted price.
- Refrain from bringing your children’s personal items to the Salt Cave, such as: toys, feeding bottles or other such articles.
The Salt Cave and other areas of our facility are equipped with closed circuit cameras for your safety.
I'm pregnant. Can I still do Halotherapy?
Yes. Halotherapy is a 100% drug free treatment with no artificial elements which can cause side effects.