SALTWONDER will be closed for the WINTER HOLIDAYS December 24 (early closure 2pm) – January 6 inclusive.
Wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Saltwonder is a Scent Free Area. Appointment required! 604 971 5220
Salt Therapy (Halotherapy) is an Alternative Natural Therapy
for Allergies, Skin and Respiratory Illnesses
Salt Therapy / Halotherapy involves a series of sessions in a man-made salt cave / room which reproduces the unique micro-climate found in a natural salt cave and salt mine. Studies done in East Europe, where this therapy has its roots, show a 90% success rate with children under the age of 7 in reducing dependence on medication and relieving symptoms and 70% success rate for adults.
Salt Therapy / Halotherapy is a 100% safe, drug-free, non-invasive and can be used as a complementary treatment or as a sole treatment. Consult your doctor and ask if it can complement the treatment of your respiratory condition.
Studies which demonstrate the efficacy of Salt Therapy / Halotherapy:
- The effect of salt chamber treatment on bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthmatics, European Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology
- Long-term effects of inhailed hypertonic saline in patients with Cystic Fibrosis, New England Journal of Medicine
- The use of an artificial microclimate chamber in the treatment of patients with chronic obstructive lung diseases, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- A daily nasal spray with saline prevents symptoms of rhinitis, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The scientific validation and outlook for the practical use of halo-aerosol therapy, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- Halotherapy in the combined treatment of chronic bronchitis patients, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The use of an artificial microclimate chamber in the treatment of patients with chronic obstructive lung diseases (COPD), U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The dynamics of the persistence characteristics of staphylococci under the action of the microclimate of a speleotherapy mine, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The efficacy of speleotherapy in atopic dermatitis in children, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The efficacy of speleotherapy in salt mines in children with bronchial asthma based on the data from immediate and late observations, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- The results of the combined treatment of patients with dust-induced bronchitis, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- Effect of the microclimate of salt mines on T- and B-lymphocyte function in bronchial asthma patients, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- Speleotherapy: a special kind of climatotherapy, its role in respiratory rehabilitation, U.S. National Library of Medicine, PubMed.gov
- Halotherapy in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis: A Pilot Study, International Journal of Respiratory and Pulmonary Medicine
- Double-blind placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial on the efficacy of Aerosal in the treatment of sub-obstructive adenotonsillar hypertrophy and related diseases , International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Saltmed – The therapy with sodium chloride dry Aerosols , Therapeutics, Pharmacology and Clinical Toxicology
It's an amazing place. I had been troubled with breathing problems lately. Went in there and sang (without coughing) all the way home. I will definitely (and have already begun) recommend to co-workers, friends, family with breathing & skin problems and stress. N.N It's very relaxing. January 16, 2016
I took my mother there because she has COPD and we had heard the salt caves are good for lung health. After one visit, she said the tightness in her chest that she has had for months has been greatly reduced. She has gone back 4 times now. She also said that she has had a toe nail fungus since 1997. She has put tons of creams and medications on it, and nothing worked. After 4 treatments at the salt cave, her toe nail is almost completely normal. What a great surprise! January 25, 2016
A very clean facility, welcoming and quiet, "a little bit of history" from the proprietor, then shoes off, extraneous items tucked away safely, and *voila*...a lovely PINK Himalayan ROCK salt lined room, and with toes scrunching through the rock salt, to my 'lounge recliner', got comfy, and what seemed like ten minutes later(it was 45) I sensed, then heard "good morning"...I had fallen deliciously asleep. refreshingly quieter breathing(a bonus). I will definitely return. December 23, 2015
The North Vancouver Salt Cave is really hidden in the corner of a very tiny mall. Their signage is very small and difficult to see from the road. However, once you find it, the experience is worth searching for. The owner is very friendly and willing to chat with you about the healing effects of the salt because he is very passionate about that. December 31, 2015